EYE TESTS ARE FREE IN SCOTLAND FUNDED BY THE NHS
All eye examinations in Scotland are free every 2 years for most people aged 16 to 60. An annual eye examination is free and advisable in the following groups:
- Children under 16 years of age
- Adults over 70 years of age.
- Those with Diabetes or Glaucoma / Ocular Hypertension
- Those who are over 40 with an immediate relative with Glaucoma
If you have any worries or concerns about your eyes or vision and your NHS test is not due – Come and See us! Don’t wait as this may put your eye health at risk, these tests are also free.
- Children under 19 and in full time education
- Those on the following benefits, Income based Job Seekers Allowance, Income
Support, Pension Credit, Tax Credit or Disabled Persons’s Tax Credit.
- Those in receipt of an HC2 or HC3 certificate.
- Those prescribed a complex prescription.
At T.A McMahon Optometrists if you are entitled to a NHS voucher, you can choose from our entire range of completely free glasses – including standard single vision, bifocal or varifocal lenses. Alternatively, you can put your NHS voucher towards frames in our extensive designer range.
All under-16s are entitled to an NHS voucher and we have a wide range of free glasses for children. Kids’ specs are cleverly and stylishly designed in fun, bright colours, made to withstand daily life and typical rough and tumble.